Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted over at Breaking the Spine, spotlighting books that have not yet been released but are being greatly anticipated. Today, my pick under the category "Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh look, a book!" is the sequel to A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies: A Fractured Light!


As it's the sequel to ABD, beware of spoilers for the first book in the synopsis!




When she wakes up in unfamiliar surroundings, Skye knows something terrible has happened to her. But it’s not until she hears Asher, the dark, rebellious angel she fell in love with, that the memories of Devin and his shocking betrayal come flooding back.  
Skye returns home, but with the knowledge of who she really is, nothing can ever be the same. As she tests the limits of her newfound powers, Skye discovers that she’s capable of far more than anyone could have imagined. Both the Order and the Rebellion want her for their side as war between the factions looms. She can’t forgive the Order for nearly killing her, but something holds her back from embracing the Rebellion.  
A Fractured Light picks up right after A Beautiful Dark's shocking cliffhanger ending and is perfect for fans of Lauren Kate’s Fallen and Becca Fitzpatrick’s Hush, Hush saga. 
I really, really liked A Beautiful Dark. (By that, of course I mean I utterly love Asher.) So I'm really eager (and honestly, kinda nervous) to see what happens next! And even though love triangles and I are not on the best terms lately, I'm pretty confident that Skye will make the right choice. Right?


Right?


What are you waiting for this week?


(:D)
~Mag

14 comments:

  1. The cover is gorgeous like the first one. But I admit I wasn't the biggest fan. I felt like the whole look was a love triangle and nothing more. I might check this one out to see if the action picks up. The angel stuff was unique although I felt like both sides were evil and she shouldn't join either of them. I couldn't believe what Devin did. He was such a nice guy but pushed into evil by his side. It was a crazy read. Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, it didn't feel like a love triangle to me though I knew it was, simply because there was never a choice for me, I loved Asher from the beginning and that never changed. I never really liked Devin.

      The book itself wasn't my favorite, either, but I am looking forward to seeing what's going to happen next.

      Delete
  2. I have heard so many gr8 things about ABD & I still have yet to read it!
    I must read it soon. The more I hear about it, the more I want to read it.
    Thanx for sharing this gr8 WOW <3
    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read A Beautiful Dark. I know I meant to when it came out but I guess just never ended up getting around to it. Thanks for Sharing and reminding me I need to.

    My WoW
    @BloodSweatandBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I really liked A Beautiful Dark. That ending killed me! I love this cover.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adored ABD and Asher too! Can't wait for this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, sadly, I haven't read A Beautiful Dark yet, but A Fractured Light looks great! I've been hearing stuff about this so I really must read this... And I really love the cover! It looks so dark and badass! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the covers of these books really are very cool!

      Delete
  7. I ABSOLUTLY LOVED ABD!!! <3 i actually had a tiny crush on Devin lol =] the ending was so good but left me wanting more!! Cant wait for this new book to come out!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!