Friday, March 21, 2014

Geek Chic This Week - March 22, 2014

Hello everyone, and welcome to a wonderful edition of Geek Chic This Week, the part of the show where I come out and talk about all the lovely bookish things I've been up to in the past week, from my book haul to what I actually read to reviews written and posts posted. 

Basically I just blather on for a while and you all pretend to listen.


Obviously I haven't been around much lately, and I won't go into a big long insistence that, don't worry, I'm coming back. I'm just going to do it this time, without the monologue. It'll save us all time. Suffice it to say I'm happy to be back, if a bit disconcerted at the attempt to get back in the swing of things, like forcing oneself into conversations on Twitter and getting people to, ya know, acknowledge my existence in general.

I sure hope you guys haven't forgotten about me (and Tor) in my absence!

The big new thing I'm trying out at this point is...drumroll...a video Geek Chic This Week. I know a lot of bloggers do video book hauls, and I thought it might be fun to give it a go! For me, at least, the result was positive. I had an absolute blast both filming and editing the video, so I hope you like watching it, as well.

Also, I know that some people like reading a lot of book haul posts and don't like bogging down their time with video versions, so I'll also list and link with pictures below!

Without further ado...


Things discussed in the video:


My Book Haul This Week For Approximately the Last Million Years

Christmas Books I Still Haven't Read:

-Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion


My siblings got me this for Christmas! I love the movie and I've been dying to read the book.


-Doctor Who and Philosophy


I love Doctor Who. I love philosophy. 'Nuff said.


Loans From Friends:

-The Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer (shown: In the Belly of the Bloodhound)


Thanks Pauli!

-The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak


Thanks Colleen!

-The Royal Ranger by John Flanagan

Thanks Scott!


From the Library:

-Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel



Also mentioned:

-The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
-The Dream Thieves by Maggie Steifvater
-Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
-Life of Pi by Yann Martel


Reviews and Posts This Week

-REVIEW: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
-Teaser Tuesday: The Royal Ranger by John Flanagan
-Waiting on Wednesday: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!