Friday, May 16, 2014

Geek Chic This Week - May 10th, 2014

Hello everyone, and welcome to a wonderful edition of Geek Chic This Week, a usually-weekly feature where I come out and talk about all the lovely bookish things I've been up to in the past week, from my book haul to what I actually read to reviews written and posts posted.

Basically I just blather on for a while and you all pretend to listen.


If you can't watch the video, here's the quick version! School is coming to an end, I'm almost finished with all AP tests and some final projects, and more books and book blogging are on the horizon! Plus! BOOKS!





My Recent Book Haul

From the Library:

-The Darkest Minds / Never Fade

 

I'M IN LOVE WITH THESE BOOKS. The writing. The plot. The characters. The premise. It's all perfect. I'm dying waiting for the next book. Go read them. Now.

Purchased:

-Rebel Belle


Another amAZING BOOK from Rachel Hawkins!! This one is not witches and warlocks and vampires, but paladins and oracles. And it's as cool as it sounds. Also: SNARK. SNARK AND CUTE HIPSTER NERD BOYS. SNARK AND CUTE HIPSTER NERD BOYS AND AMAZING HEROINES WHO KICK BUTT AND APPLY MAKEUP WITH EQUAL FINESSE. 

E-books:

-In Time


Novella for the Darkest Minds series! I'm super excited to read it. And nervous. I've heard it's heartbreaking.

-Destroy Me


Since filming this video I read Destroy Me, and wow. I understand so much more about Warner now. And I still have some concerns about him but........................oh, my poor sweet Warner. I need the next books. Now.

For review:

-Common Descent



The first books were really great, and I'm looking forward to reading this one. Plus, LOOK AT THAT COVER. WOW. 


So what are you reading this week? Get in touch with me and let me know!!

~Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!