Friday, June 29, 2012

Review: Intangible by J. Meyers

Intangible was a book I'd been interested in for a while, but never got around to reading. So I was super excited when the author contacted me and asked me to review it!


Intangible by J. Meyers
Released January 31, 2012
Source of my copy: E-copy from author
Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.
Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.
------
Lately I've been really interested in books with less-than-obvious paranormal aspects. Like, instead of the main character (or the main character's friend(s)) being angels or faeries or werewolves--though I do love those--we have telekinesis and psychics and things like that. So, in Intangible, we have a pair of twins with the powers of Healing and Seeing the future. 


Luke and Sera are awesome characters. They're both strong, and selfless, and willing to help others, but at the same time, they're real.


I also love Sera and Luke's relationship as siblings. I have three siblings, and I recognized some of the best parts of our relationships in Luke and Sera. (I think it's safe to say we fight a bit more than L+S, though ;D)


Then there's the twins' friends. They don't have too many, just a couple really close friends. We have Fey, beautiful and smart, and maybe keeping some secrets of her own, and Quinn, who's unique and generally unpopular, and who I LOVE, though he's not a huge part of the book. 


Finally, we have Marc. Sera and Luke just met him, but they've become fast friends. In Sera's case, maybe more. But Marc has secrets, too. Secrets that could destroy Luke and Sera, depending on whether or not he chooses to betray them.


With the plot being revealed piece by piece via multiple POVs, Intangible keeps you guessing and keeps you interested, and leaves you desperately wanting more.


Altogether, Intangible gets <*><*><*><*><*>


(:D)
~Mag

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you loved this! This looks really cool. I agree with you about looking for different stuff now, things that stand out more. Brilliant review, Mag! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!