Monday, July 29, 2013

Review: Auracle by Gina Rosati


I was scouring my local Library’s bookshelves, looking for something to read. It’s been awhile since I really search the Library. It’s amazing what little gems you can find, gems that go unnoticed. A gem such as Auracle…
Auracle by Gina Rosati
Released August 7, 2012
Source of my copy: Library 
16 year old Anna Rogan has a secret she's only shared with her best friend, Rei; she can astrally project out of her body, allowing her spirit to explore the world and the far reaches of the universe.
When there's a fatal accident and her classmate Taylor takes over Anna's body, what was an exhilarating distraction from her repressive home life threatens to become a permanent state. Faced with a future trapped in another dimension, Anna turns to Rei for help. Now the two of them must find a way to get Anna back into her body and stop Taylor from accusing an innocent friend of murder. Together Anna and Rei form a plan but it doesn't take into account the deeper feelings that are beginning to grow between them.
 Can we just talk about the cover for a bit? Oh my gosh, it’s so ethereal, mysterious, and absolutely gorgeous. It’s stunning. I’m sad to say it was what originally drew me to Auracle. I am afraid to admit that I am a sucker for pretty book covers!

Auracle is so unique, from its title to its cover to its story. The story and the characters held me captive from the beginning to the end. It’s been awhile since a book has truly done that for me.

Anna, our protagonist, is a 16 year old girl. She can astrally project out of her body, allowing her spirit to go anywhere in the universe. Sounds cool, right? For abilities, I say it’s pretty awesome one. Until one of her classmates, after a terrible incident, hijacks Anna’s body. Nobody knows how to get her out, not Anna, Taylor (the hijacker), or Anna’s best friend, Rei.

Anna is adorable. I love her. She is funny and down to earth. She always thinks about other first. She struggles with her home life yet still comes out shinning? Anna is some everyone can relate to and admire. Anna would be someone I would hopefully be friends with. 

Rei…  Where do I start? Rei is smart, loyal, extremely protective of Anna, strong, and hot! But he is also down to earth like Anna. If you remember from my Teaser Tuesday, he's funny too! He truly is a swoon worthy guy! I kind of hate Gina Rosati for creating him and making my already high expectation of the male species even higher.

While I was sad to see Auracle end, I was happy the way it ended. It wraps it up nice and neat, no loose ends. Auracle is one of the books where you want a sequel to see more of the characters not because the actually storyline needs it. In fact, I wouldn’t want a sequel because Auracle is so wonderful on its own.

Auracle was an awesome find! I could not put it down! Gina Rosati did an excellent job, especially considering this was her debut novel.

Auracle most certiantly gets
<*><*><*><*><*>

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!