Friday, February 24, 2012

Novels 'n' Notes #6: Like We Used To by A Rocket to the Moon

Novels ‘n’ Notes is a weekly event I created here at Geek Chic to talk about songs that remind me of books. Feel free to make your own NN post! Just grab the logo (below) and don't forget to leave the link to your post here so I can check it out!




Like We Used To by A Rocket to the Moon: Logan Keeley and Aura Salvatore from the Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready
I absolutely love the Shade series. It's definitely one of my favorites. And even though I'm thoroughly Team Zachary, when I was listening to this song the other day, it suddenly hit me that this it's so totally an Aura-Logan song.


I'll list a few of the key lyrics like I usually do, but you've really got to listen to the whole thing, because the whole thing is perfect.


-"It should've been me inside that car...It should've been me instead of him in the dark."


Logan would give anything to be alive again, and to have another shot with Aura. But now Zachary's in the picture.


-"You're on my mind, love. (Oh, darling, I know that I'm not needed) And that happens all the time, love."


Aura is pretty much the only reason Logan's sticking around. But she's beginning to move on from him, because of Zach.


-"Will he love you like I loved you? Will he tell you every day? Will he make you feel like you're invincible with every word he'll say? Can you promise me if this was right, don't throw it all away. Can you do all these things? Will you do all these things like we used to?"


*Sniff, sniff*


But seriously, you must listen to this:




Please note that I do not own this song, the lyrics, or anything related to A Rocket to the Moon or Like We Used To. I also did not post this video, nor am I affiliated with "spongebob4713", who did. *Insert other legal stuff here.*



So, what do you think? Like We Used To make you think of Aura, Zach, Logan and Shade? What other songs make you think of books?

You can tell me in the comments or your own NN post!


(:D)
~Mag 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!