Saturday, February 25, 2012

Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman

After I read If I Stay, I read the synopsis of Where She Went and was instantly horrified. Freaking out, I read the entire thing in one day, because I needed to know that everything would turn out okay.


Where She Went by Gayle Forman 
It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. 
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other. 
Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I StayWhere She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance. 
------
Two words can sum up Adam Wilde since the tragedy three years ago: Screwed Up. Ever since Mia recovered from the crash and walked out of his life, he's been empty, despite his growing fame, his rock-star life and his beautiful movie star girlfriend.


I was really excited when I found out that Where She Went would be from Adam's point of view. What I wasn't expecting was for this book to be so SAD. Adam was crushed by the choice Mia made, the one I was not expecting her to make. The choice only Adam knows he gave her.


Just like in If I Stay, music was a big part of Where She Went. Of course, that's to be expected, as Adam is a famous rocker and Mia is a cello star. I really loved the lyrics from Adam's songs opening some of the chapters. I'd love to actually hear them, I bet they sound heartbreaking.


This book kept me reading and reading, desperate to find out if everything would work out for Mia and Adam.


Does it?


I guess you'll have to find that out yourself.


This book gets <*><*><*><*>


(:D)
~Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!