Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: SHIFT by Jeri Smith-Ready


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play, and the rules are simple:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



Today's Teaser comes from SHIFT, the second book in the awesome SHADE series by Jeri Smith-Ready! I just finished my reread today, but since I haven't started a new book yet I'll share from this one!!


(And yes, my Teasers WERE from SHADE last week!)




1.
     Zachary was waiting at my locker after class. I was grateful he hadn't tried to talk to me at my desk, where my babbling idiocy would've attracted attention. 
-page 90 

2.
     "Everything okay?"
     "I think so, but he says I need practice driving. Can't imagine why." 
-page 91


This book...this SERIES, you guys! I love it so muuuuuch! You must read it. Really.


So what are you reading this week?


(:D)
~Mag

16 comments:

  1. Again, I'm thinking I need to check this series out! Thanks for sharing and stopping by Wickedly Bookish. :-)

    <3 Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I still think it's hilarious that I ended up reading shift EXACTLY a week after shade!! I didn't do that on purpose, but it worked out nicely, lol! If only I could read shine next week...unfortunately it doesn't come out for two ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the teasers. This series sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah second post today making me feel bad for only reading Shade so far.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT today.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! you should read Shift! AND SHINE IS ALMOST HERE!!!

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to start this one. I'm reading my last tour book for the summer and I am really looking forward to my summer of reading!!!! Thanks for stopping by My Neurotic Book Affair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you enjoy it when you read it :)

      Delete
  5. OH I still haven't read Shade, but I told you that last week! LOL! But I'm loving this already :) I really do need to start this series! Thanks for sharing and stopping by <3

    Jessirae @ Words, pages and books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I hope you enjoy it when you read it!!

      Delete
  6. Great teaser!! Zach is such a bad driver. It cracks me up so much! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I know! I bet I'm worse than him, though. TO BE FAIR, I haven't been driving long ;)

      Delete
  7. This book was so depressing! I don't think I could ever re-read it again even though I own it. You are brave! lol Thanks for visiting My TT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol you keep saying that! I didn't think they were THAT sad! I mean, definitely sad, but with enough fun and hope that I love rereading them :)

      Delete
  8. hehe, good teaser. I like the way the main character sounds, reminds me something of myelf haha. Great pick, and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Aura (the MC) rocks! She's one of my favorite heroines these days :)

      Delete

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!