Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted over at Breaking the Spine, spotlighting books that have not yet been released but are being greatly anticipated. Today, my pick under the category "Check out this utterly awesome unreleased book of...awesome" is an awesome (because I haven't used that word enough yet)-looking book by Brigid Kemmerer called Storm.



Earth, Fire, Air, Water – they have more power than you dream.

Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her, Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys—all the ones she doesn't want. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water—just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They’re powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life’s at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who’s hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming . . .

------
 Doesn't that sound awesome? It's not often that I'm really, really excited for a release that isn't a sequel to something else. (That's a general rule, of course, not something that's always true.) When I love a book, of course I'm excited to see what happens next. But for a NEW book (or series), I have no background on what might happen, and no attachment to the characters (yet). BUT THIS BOOK LOOKS AWESOME! I'm really looking forward to checking it out!!


(Don't forget to grab a countdown widget for Storm!! --->)


What are you waiting for this week?


(:D)
~Mag

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good read thanks for introducing me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait for this book! It sounds so good and the cover totally draws me in whenever I look at it. I mean who wouldn't get drawn towards that awesome cover? Lol! Great pick Mag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this cover, too, but I think I like the Australian cover even more!

      Delete
  3. I know a lot of people have loved this book so I can't wait to read it myself. Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen some awesome reviews of it!

      Delete
  4. Sorry this is late! LOL! Busy busy school week.

    I've heard a lot of good things about this book and it sounds amazing. I think I'll add this one to my list! Thanks for sharing :D

    & thanks for stopping by my blog all the time <3

    Jessirae @ Words, pages and books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol that's okay, it's taken me this long to reply to comments, haha!

      Thanks for visiting back! I appreciate it!!

      Delete

We love comments! We respond to every one, so check back later for a response, or leave an e-mail address or twitter, and we'll reply that way!